2009. december 17., csütörtök

I don't believe it!





I finished my Christmas table runner. You might ask me how? Well, after I took my machine for repair and it still didn't work, I asked the mechanic to come to my house to see the problem here. He came and win, and told me to turn the stitch length button to zero, and then my lower feed dogs will not move the fabric and I can move the darn thing under the stippling foot. Now, this little thing was not mentioned in my manual, believe me, I checked it a few times... I used to cover the lower feed dogs with a little plastic thing when stippling, but for some reason this didn't work this time, it was to tight to move the runner between the foot and the plastic cover.

Anyhow, the mechanic left, I stippled the runner in about 20 minutes, and finished the binding in the evening as a way to calm myself after my daughter's really awful behaviour at their Christmas party at kindergarten. And voila, here is my long awaited Christmas runner!

Befejeztem a karácsonyi terítőmet. Hogy hogyan? Kihívtam a szerelőt, mert miután hazahoztam tőle a gépet, továbbra sem tudtam kukacolni vele. Kijött, megnézte mit akarok csinálni, és kiderült, hogy ha az öltéshosszt nullára állítom, akkor az alsó anyagtovábbító nem viszi az anyagot, azaz mozgathatom én a munkadarabot a talp alatt. Ezt persze nem írták le az amúgy is roppant hiányos és vacak fénymásolt használati utasításban, ami a géphez volt, ez olyan jellemző.... Eddig egy takarólappal takartam az anyagtovábbítót, és úgy kukacoltam, de valami miatt most így annyira szoros volt a kukacoló talp és a takarótalp közötti hely, hogy nem működött a dolog. Pedig ez egy vékony béléssel ellátott darab, nem értem a dolgot...

Mindenesetre a szerelő elment és 20 perc alatt befejeztem a kukacolást, este pedig a szélét is felvarrtam, hogy lenyugtassam magam a lányom kritikán aluli viselkedése miatt a karácsonyi szereplésén... És íme, a karácsonyi terítőm!

Nincsenek megjegyzések: