2010. február 19., péntek

Recent projects of mine








I made a doll's quilt for my daughter and also for Jenny's February challenge - using up leftover binding strips. I cut up some of the strips and made this white and scrappy dolls quilt. I washed and dried it, and it got all crinkly - a bit over the top crinkly in fact, but Emma loves it.

I also made a teddy bear. My kids love Mr Bean and his Teddy, and I promised to make a Teddy for each of the boys after I made several matrioshka dolls for my daughter, but it took a while. I couldn't find a pattern for Teddy on the Net. He is a knitted toy, so all I could locate was knitting patterns, but I wanted to sew one. So I made my own pattern, and this is the first Teddy. My son loves is - he is ill and at home with me at the moment, so it was a good excuse to give it to him straight away! I used an old pair of trousers of my husband as fabric, and it works great!

Varrtam egy baba quiltet Emmusnak, maradék szegőcsíkokból. Egy részüket felvágtam négyzetekre, és fehérrel kombináltam. Utána kimostam és szárítógépben szárítottam, hogy "régivé" varázsoljam, de kicsit túl gyűrött lett, nem egyformán mentek össze az anyagok. Tanulság? :-) Mindenesetre Emmusnak tetszik.

Aztán a fiúknak régen megígértem, hogy varrok nekik 1-1 Mr. Bean Teddy-t. A dolog elakadt ott, hogy nem volt barna anyagom, és mindig elfelejtettem venni, ha boltban jártam, de most a párom kirakta egy régi nadrágját kidobásra. És barna volt... hát megmentettem és abból lett Teddy. Ő az első, és mivel szabásmintát nem találtam a Neten, csak kötős mintát, saját tervezésű lett. A tökéletestől messze van, de a kis betegemnek tetszik :-)

2 megjegyzés:

Karina írta...

Ez a maci írtó cuki!!! Ügyes vagy :))

duckyhouse írta...

I love the crinkly-ness, it really makes it look so antique. That Teddy is great and we are Mr. Bean fans too!