2011. február 16., szerda

Weekend sewing










My husband took our kids to his mum for the weekend, and I had a weekend all to myself, free to sew and sew and sew. Well, this was the plan, anyway. As our middle kid fell ill - after our little one just recovered from the same illness...-, he only took 2 of the kids with him, and middle baby stayed here with me. But as he was not well, he did not really expect me to organise any fun or outing for him, except for the occasional cup of tea, milk, or some food, lots of cuddles, and some assistance with the dvd player or which book he should read. So I could sew, just as planned. My friend came to keep me company, and we had a great time, all of us.

And here come the results:

2 more mug rugs, and a hankie pouch.

I always loved flying geese blocks and now found a great tutorial how to do them in an easy way, so I decided to try make some. It took me quite a while to work out the measurements suitable for a mug rug size, but I did manage at the end. And then it took me quite a while to cut and sew them, using a 2 3/8 and a 1 3/4 inch sqaure. The finished blocks are 3/4 inch by 1 3/8 inch...

The other one was made using a piece of linen backgound and some lovely ribbons, and the free motion quilted with pebbles. I love both of them!

I fell in love with linen this weekend, so I had to do a linen hankie pouch too :-)

A párom elvitte magával a gyerekeket a mamájához hétvégére. Eredetileg mindhárom gyerek ment volna, de miután a kicsi éppen csak meggyógyult, indulás reggelére a középsőnk lázasodott be, így ő itthon maradt velem. Mivel nem volt jól, nem kellett szórakoztatni vagy programot szervezni neki, nem kívánt mást, csak pihenni, tévézni, olvasni, enni és inni, meg jó sok puszit. Ezeket megkapta, én meg varrhattam mégis, ahogy eredetileg terveztem, Dorkával, aki eljött hogy együtt varrjunk. És íme, amiket csináltam :-)

2 újabb bögre alátét és egy pzs tartó.

Beleszerettem a lenanyagba a hétvégén, így muszáj volt csinálnom egy pzs tartót ebből is. A repülő vadlibák minta mindig is izgatott és most találtam egy remek leírást, hogy hogyan kell egyszerűen megvarrni. Eltartott egy ideig, míg kiszámoltam/próbáltam a pontos méreteket a szükséges négyzetekhez, de végül sikerült. A befejezett blokkok 3,5 x 2 cm "nagyok" lettek...

A másik alátét lenanyagra varrt szalagokból áll, amiket most vettem a karácsonyi leárazáson :-), és kavics mintájú szabad gépi tűzéssel tűztem meg. Nagyon tetszik mindkét alátét!

Nincsenek megjegyzések: